[00/11] TUI cleanups

Message ID 20200618021523.10681-1-tom@tromey.com
Headers show
Series
  • TUI cleanups
Related show

Message

Tom Tromey June 18, 2020, 2:15 a.m.
I started looking more seriously at fixing the TUI's UTF-8 problem.  I
think I have an answer to that -- use pads for the source window to
avoid the truncation problem on both ends -- but before starting, I
found a number of small oddities remaining in the TUI.  So, this
series cleans up various small issues I found, removing more unneeded
TUI code in the process.

Let me know what you think.

More cleanups could be done -- some methods are in the wrong file, and
some things (especially the "locator" window and its associated files)
are misnamed.  However, I wasn't sure if a big rearrangement +
renaming would be welcome, so I didn't do that.  It's easy enough to
do in the future if desired.

Tom

Comments

Tom Tromey July 2, 2020, 3:24 a.m. | #1
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <tom@tromey.com> writes:


Tom> I started looking more seriously at fixing the TUI's UTF-8 problem.  I
Tom> think I have an answer to that -- use pads for the source window to
Tom> avoid the truncation problem on both ends -- but before starting, I
Tom> found a number of small oddities remaining in the TUI.  So, this
Tom> series cleans up various small issues I found, removing more unneeded
Tom> TUI code in the process.

I'm checking this in now.

Tom> More cleanups could be done -- some methods are in the wrong file, and
Tom> some things (especially the "locator" window and its associated files)
Tom> are misnamed.  However, I wasn't sure if a big rearrangement +
Tom> renaming would be welcome, so I didn't do that.  It's easy enough to
Tom> do in the future if desired.

I still haven't done this.  On the one hand, it would improve the
discoverability of the source.  On the other, it would be
history-confusing churn.

Tom